Once again a big thank you to Amy from Coconut Health and Healing for popping past the blog and telling us all about the amazing benefits of introducing coconut oil in to our lives last week. If you missed the post you can read about it here.
As promised, I have Amy's divine sounding recipe for Raw Chocolate Muffins which I am most definitely keen to try out in our home.
Not only is this recipe sugar free, but it is also gluten free too. Not many kids turn their noses up at chocolate based items, so I am sure this recipe will be a hit in the lunchbox later on this week when school resumes in most parts of Australia.
· 3 eggs
· 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
· 30 drops of liquid stevia or ¼ teaspoon powdered stevia.
· ¼ cup sifted coconut flour
· ¼ teaspoon baking powder (gluten free)
· ½ cup raw cacao nibs
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Blend together eggs, coconut oil, stevia and salt.
3. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps.
4. Fold through raw cacao nibs.
5. Scoop batter into 4 cupcake holders (for larger cupcakes) or 6 (for smaller ones).
6. Bake for 15-20 mins depending on size.
7. Cool on a wire rack .
Already a fan of Coconut Oil? What recipes or what do you like to cook using this amazing ingredient in your home? I would love you to share away...