So we all know that the Easter Bunny loves carrots right?! Well I have it on good authority that he naturally also loves nothing more than a moist slice of carrot cake. It turns out that I have just the recipe that will guarantee the Easter Bunny will stop past your place this Easter!
Of course carrot cake doesn't have to be eaten just at Easter, you can whip up this delicious cake anytime you please!
- 2-3 Carrots Grated (around 300g)
- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 Cup Plain Flour
- 1Tsp Bicarb of Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil (or other of your choice)
- 1/2 Cup Golden Syrup
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence or Extract
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees
- Grease and line pan, I used a 20cm round tin
- Peel carrots and set aside
- Sift the flours, bicarb of soda and cinnamon together in to a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, oil, golden syrup, eggs and vanilla. Use a whisk to combine ingredients
- Pour wet mixture in to dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in grated carrot
- Place mix in pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes
- Once cool, ice if desired
- This recipe was taken from Taste.com.au
- I have topped my cake with mini Easter Eggs for a touch of easter, these would be super cute made in to cupcakes all topped with individual milk chocolate eggs at Easter time
- Make sure you leave a slice for the Easter bunny, in return I am sure he will be extra generous with your Easter Eggs this year!!
Does your family have a favourite recipe that you like to make at Easter time?
If you are yet to do so, please don't forget to pop your entries in for the chance to win one super cute Easter Bunny thanks to Teddy Treasures. To enter, simply follow the link here.