In case you missed it earlier on this week, amazing personal stylist Agnes from Paper Doll Personal Styling shared with us her top 10 tips on maternity dressing. You can catch up on that post here.
Now that we know exactly what styles, shapes and colours to wear during pregnancy, we now need to know where to get them! Today Agnes shares the best places to shop for the perfect maternity pieces or outfits.
Brands and stores to try:
1. ASOS Maternity at www.asos.com has a wide range of maternity basics and jeans to mix and match. This UK based store offers free shipping to Australia and returns are only $7.85 per parcel.
2. Queen Bee at www.queenbee.com.au - probably the biggest Australian online maternity stores with a vast range of maternity and nursing wear from basics to special occasion pieces. They have a large collection of jeans and lingerie and shape wear too.
3. Mavi’s Maternity Jeans are legendary; if you are a fan of skinny jeans, you don’t want to miss them: http://www.mavi.net.au/maternity-jeans/
4. On Birdnest.com.au you can browse and shop outfits put together for pregnant bodies: http://www.birdsnest.com.au/womens/shop-by/bodyshape/pregnant/outfits
5. Lola Australia is not a maternity label, but their lightweight, silk and cotton dresses and kaftans in beautiful coloursare perfect for the summer even with a growing belly: http://www.lolaaustralia.com.au
6. Hatch Collection: for that special outfit you want to splurge on. Their gorgeous collection is designed in a way that you can wear the pieces before, during and after the pregnancy: http://hatchcollection.com
7. Isabella Oliver: This UK brand is “dressing women in quality designs with effortless styles for pregnancy and beyond”. You can get lots of inspirations from their Style Diary on their website. They have essential pieces for your work, after hours and off duty wardrobe too: http://www.isabellaoliver.com
8. The Bag Department: is a Melbourne based company, whose handbags are stylish, practical, easy to use, timeless and yet modern at the same time. They are made of gorgeous soft leather in beautiful colours and they are simple, understated chic styles that go with absolutely everything. They are roomy to use them everyday without compromising on the aesthetics.They actually give you the choice to create your own on the TBD website (by choosing the leather, the handle and the hardware), which I find so much fun. It makes the bags become absolutely yours. And the best of all is that you can actually use them as a non-traditional nappy bag after the baby arrives:
Thanks again Agnes for all of the amazing advice on pregnancy dressing - trust me I need it at the minute. I have been trawling ASOS and this is my pick for some great maternity pieces at some really affordable prices.
Pregnant or not, Agnes has one very amazing giveaway coming right up on the blog this week. If you have always wanted your own personal stylist to take you on a shopping trip or analyse your wardrobe, then you are in for a treat!! For those not in Melbourne, don't despair as you have the option of a fabulous online consultation instead. Stay tuned....