With Shrove Tuesday here next Tuesday (9th February) I thought that I would share with you our quick, easy and healthy pancake recipe that we LOVE in our house.
These pancakes use the goodness of oats (instead of flour), no refined sugars (if you choose not to sweeten and depending on what you pop on top!) and honestly taste better than your regular old pancakes if you are partial to bananas. Definitely worth giving a whirl...
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Tbs Milk (Almond, Rice, Regular - you choose!)
- 1 Banana
- 2 Eggs
- Optional: Sweetener. I usually pop in 1/4 - 1/2 Tsp of Natvia - but you can leave out or add a bit of regular sugar - up to you!
- Place all ingredients in a blender (or Thermomix) and blend until smooth (20-30 seconds)
2. Heat butter or spray pan and add batter to pan to create pancakes in the size you desire
3. Cook til batter starts to bubble and turn over and cook the other side
4. Serve with the topping of your choice! We love fresh berries with a touch of honey or pure maple syrup and a dollop of yoghurt - yummo!
I find that this makes around 10 average sized pancakes, but this will vary if you make larger/smaller.
Tuesday is a non kinder day for us each week, so we can actual have an easy morning at home and whip these up (without the mad rush) for Shrove Tuesday.... Hope you enjoy these too!!